Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Overcoming Jealousy - I keep telling to myself on how to cope with jealousy.... recovery and repair.

It's a little odd to be writing about this. ...

I feel jealous sometimes but it often passes pretty quickly and without the almost burning intensity some people seem to experience. I have known some very jealous personalities in my life. To be perfectly honest, I can't think of any one that ended up being truly happy or successful. Jealousy has a way of destroying everything in front of it without regards. I can freely admit that I am not a jealous person, and I feel that it has a lot to do with the fact that I concentrate more on what I do than what others do. I believe that I could be a jealous person if I wouldn't have this control over myself. After all, I am a very competitive person that thrives on adversity. I would seem to be the perfect fit to have jealous tendencies, yet I do not. Even though, jealousy is a perfectly natural emotion.


Still, I have of course thoughts about this problem and found a few ways to overcome it when it arises within. Hopefully this article can be helpful for you to decrease this destructive feeling in your life. I admit I'm not much of a jealous person. Well, sometimes I love it but most of the time I hate it. Well for some reason I love this quote, I think it's very authentic. It's rare to have people who can admit that they're jealous. And perhaps loving it would make life easier. I don't know.. Maybe yes and maybe no. But tell me, what are you jealous of?

But what exactly is jealousy? A feeling of wanting something that is not yours? Practically this makes sense. We always want what we can't have. So is it possible to enjoy not having something? What I'm going to say is to me, being jealous is like a kick to go further, it's a motivation to get it, it's the missing piece to force ourselves to do something. Being jealous can help you to go do something. Someone's smarter than you? Study harder and get smart! Work it out!!! Jealousy and ambition are a nice combination if you can work it out together. But yet, you need to know that there's good and bad jealousy (obviously that's basically how the way life works!). You can be jealous of someone cause they have somebody else.. And that's just a feeling that throws you down... And the undercurrent of jealousy is always there to spice things up.

Jealousy in relationship is one way the phenomenon manifests itself. It has its peaks and valleys or has its problems. Another is a poor self-concept. It is a very negative factor in any relationship. It often suffocates the relationship. In every relationship, Love must be free and it must be confident. Remember that every relationship should be built and nurtured on compromise, communication and understanding. We all have feelings.

So basically people just need to know how to make lemonade out of lemons right? To tell you, I'm jealous of this particular thing, and this one is a good jealousy, yeah I wish I was rich. Hehehe! Just kidding. But being jealous of material things such as objects and money is just a waste of time to me.

We have to think positive. The feeling of jealousy makes me feel lousy! Be mature. Childish behaviors like extreme jealousy are a big no-no.

No comments: